Did you know that some local governments across Australia are starting to provide financial incentives for switching to habits that reduce production of waste?
One of the schemes is the rebate for reusable sanitary items. Councils are offering rebates of $50 to $100 (depending on the council) as a cash back on purchases of period underwear, cloth pads and menstrual cups.
How it works is, you purchase the item, we give you an invoice (so make sure you let us know you are going to need it for your claim) and you send in your claim and Council will give you cash back of 50% of your purchase, to a maximum rebate of $100 (or max of $50 in some localities).
Suppose if you bought $200 worth of eligible items, you would get $100 back.
If you spend $240, the maximum you would get back is $100.
If you spend $80, you would get (50%) back which is $40.
Below are some of the participating councils:
- Penrith City Council: https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au/.../supporting... (max $100)
- Cardinia Shire Council: Waste rebates and discounts - Cardinia Shire Council (max $50).
- Holdfast Bay: Green Living | City of Holdfast Bay (max $100)
- Wyndham City: Cloth Nappy and Reusable Sanitary Product Rebate | Wyndham City (max $50)
- Parramatta City Council: Nappy and Sanitary Rebate terms and conditions | City of Parramatta (nsw.gov.au) (max $100 - now closed, reopens in July, 2021).
- Casey City Council: Apply for a cloth nappy & reusable sanitary product rebate | City of Casey (now closed, reopens in July, 2021. Purchases made from January 2021 are eligible for rebate).
If you are in any of the above localities and want to take advantage of the trial, we have included some product suggestions below which provide the best value for you, but by all means, browse our store if you would like a different option. All reusable products are eligible for the rebates.
We are also chipping in with the value in these bundles and when you apply code NOWASTEPERIOD at checkout, you get 10% off the bundle price.