Cleansing Yoni Steaming Herbs
60 day risk free trial for new customers
Cleansing Yoni Steaming Herbs
Best choice for old residue, postpartum and general use if you have a cycle of 28 days or more.
Not suitable for women with short cycles, choose Gentle Herbs instead.
Note: If you are not sure which blend to choose, please email us at email@example.com or send us a web chat message with some details and we will advise prior to your purchase. If you've chosen the wrong herbs, and they are not opened or used, we can exchange, but you will need to pay postage again, so it is worth double checking if you are unsure.
This blend is for:
- Postpartum users (during the 1-2 week time period after giving birth)
- Users with normal or long menstrual cycles (28 Days or Longer)
- Users with missing periods
- Users with periods that are controlled with oral contraceptives (and the cycle is 28 days or longer)
Caution: This blend is not for women with short menstrual cycles (27 days or shorter) or women with interim bleeding, fresh spotting or spontaneous heavy bleeding between periods.
The Cleansing Yoni Steam blend comprises nettle, lavender, rose, lemon peel, mint.
Weighs approx 100 grams.
How to steam
The herbs (2Tbs) are placed into a pot with boiling water and steeped for a 5 minutes. You can either squat or kneel over the bowl, or sit on a seat above the steaming water (e.g. place the bowl into the bowl of your toilet, use a chair with a hole cut out in the middle or a commode chair – whatever you have access to). The steam should feel 100% comfortable and relaxing.
Steaming is very powerful and some women only need to steam for a short amount of time in order for it to be effective. As a general rule of thumb, allow 10 to 15 minutes for the steam as well as time to rest afterwards. The best time to steam is at night right before bedtime because is can induce relaxation and deep sleep.
What happens when you steam
The warmth of the herbal steam softly penetrates the exterior of the pelvis. During the process, which should last for about 10 to 30 minutes, the steam dilates the blood vessels, increasing blood circulation, providing oxygen, and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles.
Yoni Steaming brings heat to the womb. The combination of herbs works to nourish, tone, heal, bring in fresh oxygenated blood, and promote cleansing. The moist heat opens the pores of the tissues it comes into contact with. The water vapour carries the medicinal benefits of the plants, which is absorbed into the tissues, enters the bloodstream, and has a direct healing effect on the reproductive system.
Vaginal tissue is one of the most absorbent of the entire female body.
When to steam
It is ideal to steam for 6 days, 3 days prior to your period and then 3 days after your period has finished. Steaming before helps prepare the uterus for the period and by steaming after it makes sure all the old residue is cleared out.
Who should steam?
Vaginal Steaming is used by women in all the various stages of development. Signifying self-love and care to their bodies. Used in such situations as pre-menarche preparation for girls, so that their first period is not a painful or discomforting experience.
Steaming is used by adult women who have had specific gynecological concerns, for women who have just given birth and are in recovery, women who have miscarried and are also in recovery, women who have difficulty conceiving, and women experiencing menopause can use it to alleviate menopausal symptoms.
Steaming can also remedy the following: cramps and pain, clots, fibroids, cysts,
endometriosis, infections, dryness, absent cycles, adhesions, polycystic ovarian syndrome, infertility, postpartum, and preparation for birth.
According to various case studies, vaginal steaming appears to improve symptoms in over 90% of all gynecological problems and shows tremendous potential as an alternative to invasive medical procedures.
- It is very important to test the temperature of the steam before using. If it is too hot wait 15 seconds and test it again until it feels comfortably warm to steam with.
- Do not add or use “essential oils” they are too strong and may burn sensitive genital tissue.
- Do Not Steam if you are ovulating
- It can temporarily increase menstrual flow with more dark fluids or debris. Menses may start earlier than usual due to the cleansing effect.
Warning: Do Not steam if you are pregnant, or think you might be, have an IUD, during menstruation, or open sores.
Disclaimer: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or ailments. Use at your own discretion.
Do I wear these with a tampon, cup or pad?
Eco briefs are a complete replacement for other leak management products. There is no need to use anything else in conjunction with them, even on your heaviest days, with our heavy and super absorbency briefs holding up to 60 ml. If you do like to wear a menstrual eco cup, you can choose light or moderate absorbency underwear, to wear as a backup for when your cup overflows. Refer to our Know Your Flow page, for more guidance.
Eco pads are also a complete replacement for other period and lbl products, with 4 layer Eco-tech designed to provide absorbency up to 100 ml.
What size is right for me?
We recommend taking your normal underwear size.
Do I need to wash them before wear?
Yes, we recommend washing your period underwear and eco pads before the first time you wear them to help prime the 4 layer eco technology.
What does it feel like wearing them?
Our eco briefs feel just like regular underwear! The absorbent gusset was designed to be comfy and discreet, never bulky or heavy. Just choose your favourite style of underwear and you are good to go!
Eco Pads are soft and comfortable and clip into your regular underwear to keep them in place. They use ‘dry touch’ technology to keep you feeling dry, even with heavy flows. Please monitor and if you start to feel ‘wetness’, please change your eco briefs or eco pads.
To determine your size, measure around your hips, so over your hip bones. We do not include a waist measurement, as it generally is not required for underwear size determination.
If in doubt, choose your regular size in a popular brand of regular underwear.
- Free standard shipping on orders over $100
- $6.90 shipping on orders under $100
- Choose express post if you are in a hurry, otherwise, orders are delivered between 2-5 business days generally, within Australia. Some delays can be expected at times due to covid related impacts.
- $11.90 flat rate for express post.
- Same business day dispatch on orders placed before 10am (except weekends and public holidays).
- Pre-order items will be shipped in 1-2 weeks or in accordance with product page.
- Tracking details will be sent by email once shipped for trackable items.
- We use Australia Post letter for small orders and Parcel post and Sendle.
- International Shipping - Orders over $200 will be shipped free for most countries. Some are charged at $24.90 flat rate. Major countries (USA, EUR CAN) are charged $24.90 AUD for postage for orders under $200. New Zealand rate is $17.
- Any and all customs charges are the responsibility of the customer, including the cost to return it to Eco Period Australia when refused by the recipient at time of delivery.
- We offer a 40 day return window on unworn garments. 60 day risk free trial applies to a single pair of underwear, not to a bundle, subject to conditions set out in our Returns policy.
- No refunds on yoni eggs or kegel balls. Where wrapper is opened, we cannot accept returns on menstrual cups, due to hygiene reasons.
- Items marked as clearance or final sale cannot be returned for a refund. An exchange may be possible, at your cost for postage of exchange items.
- Underwear/swimwear returned must have been tried on over the top of clean underwear; and not worn or washed; if this is not followed, we cannot not provide a refund/credit/exchange.
- A credit, refund or exchange is provided upon receipt of your returned garment/s.
- Processing timeframes may vary; please allow up to ten business days.
- We suggest sending your return/s with tracking so that you know when your parcel has arrived to us.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to return something.